[Zope-dev] ACTION: 2.6 project status updates...

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:10:18 -0400

> > The appointed time is upon us :) We'd like to shoot for a
> > 2.6 alpha 1 release at the beginning of next week (around
> > the 10th).
>
> Eeek - six days before a hard deadline is less notice than I
> would have liked.

What?! It's a month past the "hard deadline" I gave at
the beginning! :^)

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2002-March/015587.html

> All my items are code complete. They all have documention
> *somewhere*, but for
> some the documentation hasnt been merged into *all* the
> appropriate places. I
> definitely wont have time to do that before the alpha1 deadline.

That's ok, so long as it won't be a problem to get that
done in the next 2 weeks.

> There are a number of items for which people have committed, but are now
> marked as "deferred". Its a PITA that people couldnt have retracted the
> commitment sooner. In particular, I would have been keen to take over the
> HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR proposal..... but not before the 10th.

I fully expect that this first community-driven release cycle
will teach us a lot. For one, I think that there were way too
many proposals on the 2.6 plan. For the next rev, we need to
refine the process to try to keep the scope tighter and probably
also refine the commitment process so that we know the real
status of things sooner.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com