[Zope-dev] 2.5.1 and Millenium

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:06:41 +0200

>Hi all,
>
>I have been using Zope from 2.2.4 on Linux, Win 95 and  Win 2K, never
>experiencing any problems.
>
>I am trying to convince a potential colleague to try and learn Zope.
>
>He installed 2.5.1 on Win Me. When he begins with start.bat the machine is
>totally blocked after few seconds. The only exit is to reboot the machine.
>
>I deinstalled 2.5.1 and installed 2.3.3 on the same machine which works
>perfectly.
>
>But I still would like to know if you have heard any similar problems with
>Millenium (I have searched NIP archives on Millenium and did not find
>anything).
>
>I have no idea how to trace the problem.
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>
>Godefroid Chapelle

Having received no answers, I suppose that I am the only experiencing
problems (or speaking to the wrong list ?). Can someone tell me if there
are any ways that 2.5.1 could interact with any software already installed ?

I think (but I am maybe wrong) that Zope is distributed with its own Python
to be insulated from this type of problems.

--

Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl
rue Victor Horta, 18 / 202