[Zope-dev] let's just get rid of it (was: Last-modified and bobobase_modification_time)

Adrian Hungate adrian@haqa.co.uk
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:40:08 +0100

Just a follow up to Leonardo's comments. It would seem that DTML, zpt, or
script (python or whatever) pages should seem, to the browser, to always be
new. Things like Portal Documents (In CMF) are non-programatic (in fact, I
think most of the standard Portal types are static), and so they ought to be
able to rely on their modification date/time.

If all static objects defined (via a mixin, or just compliance with a new
API, whatever), a method (for example) "LastModified", then the HEAD could
return the correct time/date if this is found, and the current time/date in
all other cases. This would allow authors who want to add this functionality
the option of doing so, but would not cause major lossage if they did not.

Adrian...

--
Adrian Hungate
EMail: adrian@haqa.co.uk