[Zope-dev] Temp Folders and Transient Object Containers

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:28:32 -0600

Under the category of "feigning smartness by blindly copying what I see", In
a subfolder of the Zope root, I set up a browser_id_manager, a
session_data_manager, a temp folder (cleverly named 'temp_folder'), and put
a Transient Object Container inside that temp folder, named 'tix_sessions'.
Of course, when I restarted Zope, the 'tix_sessions' object itself was gone.

So, why is the default Transient Object Container put in a Temporary Folder?
If I want to use an application specific one that doesn't get lost on
restart, is it OK to put it into a normal persistent folder?

--
Jeffrey P Shell
www.cuemedia.com