[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6 planning - call for contributors!

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
01 Mar 2002 10:29:58 +0000

> > I'd like to see the ZSyncer Product, or a variant thereof, included in
> > Zope by default.  That is, I'd like "Synchronization", to a be a default
> > property of Zope objects, so that objects/content can be pushed and
> > pulled between two Zope installations.
>
> I would use ZCVSFolder or somewhat likely that included instead of
> ZSyncer.

I think the use cases driving synchronisation requirements are not yet
sufficiently understood.  Agreed, it's a feature that many people need,
but I get the impression it would be premature to include ZSyncer as is
in Zope without more detailed planning.  On the other hand, there is an
argument which says, ZSyncer is a good product used by a lot of people,
let's put it in Zope and deal with any issues after the event.

seb