[Zope-dev] Cookie Crumbler and similar products (Re: Zope 2.6 project updated)

Christian Theune ct@gocept.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 20:27:45 +0100

Howdi.

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 09:08:58PM +0100, Dario Lopez-K=E4sten wrote:
> From: "Matt Behrens" <matt.behrens@kohler.com>
> > Well, as far as "least-intrusive", CC loses some points by not being
> > compatible with some of the user folders that do their own cookie aut=
h,
> > although that's arguably not CC's fault.
> >
>=20
> Which makes me think of another point. I haven't used Zope 2.5.1 yet, b=
ut I
> understand from some of the traffic on the mailinglists that some have
> wanted to disable the session tracking/session management beause it
> interferes with the solutions they allready use for session tracking.
>=20
> And now there is a possible inclusion of another product (CC) that migh=
> conflict with other products' cookie functionality.

Hmm. I didn't get an answer right now (well i don't find the question aga=
in too)
if the cookie crumbler would interfere subfolders (distor through acquisi=
tion)
or would only be active on a "sibling" userfolder, which he is "watching"=
.=20
In the case he would interfere the whole system if its installed at root =
level,
i will agree to you completely that it shouldn't be that intrusive, in th=
e other=20
case i would say it's an acceptable option because the cookie crumbler wo=
uld only
be installed by default if the standard userfolder is instanciate (as i i=
magine this
right now ...)
=20
>=20
> Instead of locking up users with a particular implementation of a solut=
ion
> to a general problem, why not present an API for a) session management =
and
> b) cookie management, and then present default products that use these =
API's
> to provide solutions? This way it will not be hard to replace both sess=
ion
> management and cookie management with other products.
>=20
> Any one else think that this might be a worthwhile idea? If so, I can o=
ffer
> time and effort and my limited knowledge of zope to make this possible.

cool in either case of the situation i think.=20

Regards

Christian

--=20
Christian Theune - ct@gocept.com
gocept gmbh & co.kg - schalaunische strasse 6 - 06366 koethen/anhalt
tel.+49 3496 3099112 - fax.+49 3496 3099118 mob. - 0178 48 33 981

reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,[chr(ord(x)^42) for x in 'zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b'])