[Zope-dev] Unauthorized users can writelock helpfiles in /Control_Panel/Products

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:24:05 -0500

Bummer. :-(  It really seems like the help system should just be
rewritten.  The fact that it applies the dreaded "write on read"
pattern, uses persistent objects and the catalog to provide help has
been a thorn in our side for a while.  I think we should just come up
with a much simpler help system that doesn't provide any sort of search
capability that reads the help files from disk rather than spend much
time fixing this problem.

--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com