[Zope-dev] variables in zope (beginner question)

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:50:22 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Mike Guerrero wrote:
> I the code below I want to be declare a variable 'tot_net_amt' and add
> 'net_amt' to it for each record returned.  How can I: 1) declare the
> variable  2) add to it within the loop.
>
> Thanks.  Is it in the Zope book?  I'll read some more tonight.

This question is much more suitable for the 'zope' mailing list
rather than 'zope-dev'.

The short answer is (a) download the 'dtml-set' product and use
it or (b) <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('yourvar',value)">

The long answer is: think about using pythonscripts instead <grin>.

--RDM