[Zope-dev] more on the segfault saga

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
12 Mar 2002 19:08:07 -0300

<narrator voice="kosh">And so it continues...</narrator>

I've finally recompiled all pythonScripts (all scripts and ZCatalog
tricks I tried before didn't know how to get the PythonScripts inside
the ZClasses. BTW, if anyone is interested, I can send you the scripts I
used to recompile all pythonScripts inside ZClasses).

But it still segfaults (and it doesn't seem to be any more stable, so
there Anthony :-). At least I got a cleaner stupid_log_file, no more
"needs recompilation" messages :-)

Matthew, thanks for taking the time to gdb the beast with me. Did you
come up with any instrumentation I should add to Python or Zope to get
what it is that Python is trying to resease twice? If you want, I can
arrange a MySQL-less period during production so that we can capture the
crash in a cleaner environment.

Speaking of instrumentation, since the gremlin seems to be threading
related (it stops with '-t 1'), it might be useful to serialize certain
parts of the execution path with semaphors, like the path to the
restoration or the execution of PythonScripts, the path to the execution
of SQL queries, etc. this means running with small locks in certain
sections instead of the big '-t 1' lock (which is not really a lock, but
you get the picture :-).

Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.