[Zope-dev] Memory Leak Problem

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:16:35 +0000

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:38:16 +0100, Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
wrote:

>Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper: 42442

That class is used to glue together acquisition content chains. Being
top of the list indicates that you have been leaking an acquisition
context chain.=20

That doesnt mean that the bug relates to acquisition; acquisition just
means that the leak is more severe than otherwise (because it keeps
the whole context chain around).

>OFS.DTMLMethod.DTMLMethod: 3989

42442/3989 =3D 10.6.
That indicates that you are leaking an acquisition chain of roughly 10
objects.

>ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.HTTPRequest: 3941
>ZServer.HTTPResponse.ZServerHTTPResponse: 3934
>ZPublisher.BaseRequest.RequestContainer: 3931
>AccessControl.DTML.TemplateDict: 3930

The numbers for those objects are all roughly 3900. These objects are
the ones referenced by that acquisition chain.

I recommend you look further down that list, until you find a number
that is much less than 3900. All of the objects above that mark are
pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that will tell you *what* is being leaked.
Thats where I would start meditating to work out *how* its being
leaked.

>doesn't surely look too good, heh? ;-)

No way. Memory leaks are fun.

;-)