[Zope-dev] where is Zope 2.5.1?

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:04:44 -0500

> > We are trying to get to the bottom of a few straggling
> > instability reports, so we're planning to go ahead with
> > a b2 as soon as we've either a) figured out and fixed them
> > b) figured them out and found it wasn't a Zope core problem
> > or c) decide that we can't make enough progress in a
> > reasonable time to continue holding up the release.
>
> Is there anything that we with unstable Zopes can do to help?

The best way to help is to help get this (these) down to
a minimal, reproducable test case. Getting there can be
tricky, but there are some things that we can try to find
out:

  - In the logs, is there any pattern to what is being
    accessed at the time of the crash? If there is a
    particular object or objects that seems to often be
    the last accessed before a crash, we can start looking
    at what PythonScripts the object uses.

  - Use the "big M" log to try to narrow down exactly what
    is happening at the time of the crash.

  - Ensure that you are getting absolutely no "python scripts
    need to be recompiled" messages

  - Absolutely eliminate SQL db access as a cause (it sounds
    like we have proof of this now)

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com