[Zope-dev] more on the segfault saga

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:30:46 -0500

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 10:40 AM, Leonardo Rochael Almeida
wrote:

> What about patching Python to report the freed objects like you
> mentioned on IRC? Also, how about turning on some flags in
> gc.seg_debug()? Do you think we might be able to glance something by
> seeing what objects where logged as freed or by storing them in
> gc.garbage?

Well, what I'm thinking about doing is trying to patch the Py_DECREF
macro to record the free objects in a table and mark the freed memory
with a signal value.

I'm worried about the python script aspects.  It's frustrating, because
I am not aware of anything in pythonscripts that should be
thread-dependent.