[Zope-dev] manage frame change

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:38:07 +0200

Steve Alexander wrote:

> Lennart Regebro wrote:
>
>> I think it should show the site name, ie, www.torped.se:1006, or
>> intranet.torped.se:8080, and so on.
>> That would make me know where I was editing all the tim (except when=20
>> I have
>> SiteRoots. I loathe the littl buggers. Grrr). :-)
>>
>> It is a great idea, seb.
>
> How about making "machine" configurable per zope / zeo client instance=20
> via an environment variable. So, I can read something meaningful to=20
> me, and I won't have to remember exactly which servers I have running=20
> on which ports.

My =E2=82=AC0.05. Manager has manage_zmi_prefs form. I'd like to be able =
to set=20
machine name there. Ability to override the machine name and env.var=20
with settings from that screen would be great. If policy for storage of=20
those preferences are Cookies, let it be but I'd prefer to store them=20
somewhere in ZODB (i have to turn off top frame each time I log-in from=20
other workstation and host changes or gets extra DNS name :)

Regards,

Myroslav
--=20
Myroslav Opyr