[Zope-dev] Impact of additional protocols handled by Zope?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:57:48 +0100

Jeff Kowalczyk writes:
 > Jabber, IMAP and LDAP are the ones that come to mind immediately, since
 > you'd be that much closer to having Zope fulfill a role that MS Exchange
 > really doesn't; inexpensive, easily maintained groupware for small
 > organizations that need custom workflow app development.
There is a European project called "GroupZope" which will provide
integration with IMAP and LDAP. The Nuxedo people may be able to
tell more.

Unlike your proposal, they plan to integrate with existing OpenSource
protocol servers. I, too, think this is a better idea than to make
Zope learn all different protocols itself.

Dieter