[Zope-dev] A thought for 2.6 about various leaks and memory problems

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:20:33 +0000

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:02:27 -0500, Shane Hathaway <shane@zope.com>
wrote:

>First, you'll need a load balancer.  Here is a lightweight one that=20
>sounds like a good match for Zope, although I haven't tried it:
>
>http://siag.nu/pen/
>
>It actually tries to match clients with servers, which should lead to=20
>more ZODB cache hits, therefore lower memory consumption.

Interesting. One complication with that scheme is that ther is no
convenient place to put caching. If it goes between Pen and Zope, you
need many instances of your cache. If it goes between Pen and the
clients, Pen's client-clustering is defeated because it sees only one
client.

Ive been using squid with ICP to match *datasets* to servers.

http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/icp/intro

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com