[Zope-dev] Restricting Sub-Objects in Folders DYNAMICALLY?

Ivo van der Wijk ivo@amaze.nl
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:28:28 +0100

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 08:18:32PM +1000, Brian Oliver wrote:
> I would like to restrict the types of objects (from a python-based product)
> that may be placed in Folders, or any other dumb container, based on certain
> conditions.
>
> For example:  I'd like to restrict the number of a certain type of object
> that may appear in a folder.  The end-user can add up to the limit, and
> afterwards the object type should NO LONGER APPEAR in the "Add List".
>
> I've thought about building a specialized folder, but I'd rather not.  Zope
> already has a good folder with all the things I need.

At this moment, my QuotaFolder only limits the total number of objects,
their total size (sorta) and the maximum size of individual objects.

Future plans are to restrict installable types in general (i.e. restrict
people from installing LocalFS, etc), or to limit the number of these
objects.

If you want to code something like this yourself, QuotaFolder may be a good
startingpoint. I will release the product later this week, but people who
want a preview now should email me and I'll send the current version (which
basically lacks some documentation)

Regards,

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                              -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                      Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.