[Zope-dev] Roles, groups and permissions: Less talk, more action! :-)

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:57:26 +0100

Since I'm not good at explaining how I think Zopes groups and roles should
work, I have decided to show you instead:

The patch is availible at http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/workgroups/ .
Just zip it up in the Products directory and restart. I won't be held
responsible for anything even if it definitely is my fault. :-)

This is a "proof of concept" implementation. It's availiable as a
"monkeypatch" that should work on both 2.4 and 2.5 and maybe even 2.3 and
2.2. The user interface is ugly, and the code is uglier, but who cares. This
is a fast hack to show how I think it should work instead of trying to
explain it. :-)

So, please: Check this out and say what you think. I think this a definite
improvement.
Another definite improvement should be switching the permissions and local
roles pages. The roles should pop up first, and the permissions page could
be access from that one.

Best Regards

Lennart Regebro
Torped Strategi och Kommunikation AB