[Zope-dev] Urgent: zope cvs not accept Chinese any more

kent sin kentsin@yahoo.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 21:08:19 -0700 (PDT)

I just check out the zope from cvs. Then I receive
error when update properties. It seems the property
menager now try to re-code into unicode, but thinking
the input is just latin-1. Actually, I have just add
to the root of my site the property
management_page_charset as utf-8 which the manage page
correctly default to utf-8 encoding now. But obviously
it does not accept chinese. I have also try to add a
new property as ustring but also fail.

Should I need to add chinese / Japanese encoding to
python?

the version :

Zope Version  (unreleased version, python 2.1.2,
freebsd4)
Python Version  2.1.2 (#1, Mar 8 2002, 19:05:29) [GCC
2.95.3 20010315 (release) [FreeBSD]]
System Platform  freebsd4
SOFTWARE_HOME  /usr/home/zope/Zope/lib/python
INSTANCE_HOME  /usr/home/zope/InstanceHome
CLIENT_HOME  /usr/home/zope/InstanceHome/var
Process Id  349 (149715968)

trace out capture as below:
-----
Site Error
An error was encountered while publishing this
resource.

Error Type: UnicodeError
Error Value: Latin-1 encoding error: ordinal not in
range(256)

Troubleshooting Suggestions

The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be
incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be
encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please
refer to the HTML source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site
maintainer. Thank you for your patience.