[Zope-dev] Permissions

brian.r.brinegar.1 brinegar@purdue.edu
Fri, 10 May 2002 15:18:59 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I would like to setup the security on a Zope server such that a user can
edit permissions on something they own, but not grant more permissions
than what they have acquired from the parent.

If a user owns a folder they could grant "Owner" any permissions
they want inside of that folder (Assuming they have the "Change
permission" permission). Is there a way to limit which permissions a user
can change?

I would like to be able to delegate permissions. Such that if a user
creates a folder they can grant other roles permissions up to the
permissions they have acquired from the parent folder. Is this possible?

I don't want that user to be able to grant themselves additional
permissions.

Thanks,
-Brian Brinegar