[Zope-dev] Zope Backup/Recovery

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 13 May 2002 21:19:42 +0200

Richard McKinley writes:
 > I recently managed to lock myself out of zope.  Is there a way to
 > recover/copy the database containing the DTML documents/ZSQL methods etc. to
 > a new installation? I have had no success in logging into zope with the new
 > superuser I created..
It will not help you, as the encrypted passwords will move with you
and you will have the same problems in the new installation.

Search the mailing lists for "tranalyser" (I never know the precise
spelling, can also be "tranalyzer"). You will find a recent post
that explains how to use it in order to find a cutting point
where to you can trancate the ZODB to get rid of the desastrous
actions.

I think, I remember to have seen a HowTo, too, on Zope.org (-> corrupted
ZODB).

Dieter