[Zope-dev] Re: stacks != easy to explain

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 11:11:12 +0100

Hi Dario,

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the TTW part is what is one of the
> strenghts of Zope -

Well, no, not really. Being able to edit stuff remotely is where Zope's real strength
lies. WebDAV and FTP are much better than using sucky HTTP forms to do this ;-)

> Just because ChrisW has gone beyond TTW editing, does not make it
> a Bad Thing(tm) in general :)

I challenge you to justify how editing in a text box is better than using a full text
editor, given that both can be used remotely ;-)

> It seems that ZPT is mostly aimed at the Page Designer, whereas DTML is
> mostly aimed at the Developer. Would this be a correct assesment of the
> situation?

DTML didn't have a clue who it was aimed at, which was it's main problem ;-)

*grinz*

Chris