[Zope-dev] Zope 2.5.1 RPM built and ready for testing

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
Mon, 20 May 2002 12:04:34 -0400

I have built a Zope 2.5.1 source RPM, it's ready for community tasting and
testing ;-)

Zope Corp, could you please host it, perhaps at
http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.5.1 ?

I would like to only make it available in .src.rpm format initially, so
that users & testers can "rpmbuild --rebuild" it and test it as is, or "rpm
-Uvh" it, look over the installed spec, scripts etc, make changes (please
let me know!) and finally "rpmbuild -ba" the spec.

When any and all changes are in I can build a "final" .src.rpm, this would
also be the time to make binary RPMS available.

Eventually, I'd like to put the spec, scripts etc into Zope's CVS, so that
"rpmbuild -ta Zope.tar.gz" could be used to generate rpms directly from
tarball, as retrieved by:
"http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/Zope.tar.gz?tarball=1&only_with_tag=Zope-2_5-branch"
for example. This part might take a while, I looked at what was done in the
spec of courier-imap-1.4.5.tar.gz and it seems to be a fairly involved
task... It may be best to wait for InstallationAndConfiguration of
Proposals to be implemented for the default build / install of Zope before
attempting to dynamically wrap this process with RPM.

Questions, comments, suggestions, patches, changes, feedback etc are
welcome and encouraged.

Adam