[Zope-dev] ExternalEditor & Windows

brian.r.brinegar.1 brinegar@purdue.edu
Wed, 22 May 2002 08:03:01 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Casey Duncan wrote:

> I totally agree. And I still intend to deliver one that runs native on
> windows, probably just using the windows scripting host.
>
> This version will hopefully tide people over for the time being.
>
> -Casey

I've started a VB Script version for the Windows Scripting Host. Right now
I'm in the proof of concept stage. I've got something that opens a file,
spawns an editor, gets the process id, and can PUT a file to Zope. (works
with SSL too)

I haven't figured out how to check if a process has exited.

I would like some suggestions on how to handle the config file, I'll
probably use the same format as the Python version, but I would also like
to take advantage of the Content-type registry Windows has.

I'll keep the list up to date on my progress.

-Brian