[Zope-dev] Zope logic

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 07:03:36 +0100

Hi,

Wei He wrote:

> An object (say index_html) is inherited by child objects of the site say
> Document to make http://www.domain.com/Document share the upper
> level index_html. This sounds good but acutally not I think.

So do a lot of other people, but not for your reasons ;-)

> People will be really confused to see such results:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZopeBook/Documentation
> http://www.zope.org/Images

Why would they see such URLs?

> Is there a way to setup an object to be uninheritable or as private to
> avoid this logic? Or maybe we should workout a way to do so.

If you're interested, take a look at Zope 3. However, in your case, you probably
need to worry more about why you're generating URLs like the ones above rather
than the fact that it is possible to do so.

cheers,

Chris