[Zope-dev] Zope logic

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 30 May 2002 16:15:14 +0100

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> My conclusions are:
>
> a. implicit acquisition is dangerous
>
> b. acquisition that searches outside the containment hierarchy is evil.
>

> Im not keeping up with Zope 3 development..... how does Zope 3 handle
> acquisition?

There is no implicit acquisition in Zope 3. If there ever is, it will
only be there as part of a Zope 2 compatibility library.

Generally if you want something to be "acquired" by content that lies
below it, you make that something a a View, a Resource, or a Utility, or
a Service, or some other such thing.

There is also an "acquire" namespace for paths and URLs. I haven't had
cause to use that though.

You make a choice as to what you want as Content and what you want as
behind-the-scenes plumbing.

--
Steve Alexander