[Zope-dev] Re: Zope logic

Fri, 31 May 2002 08:14:25 +0100

On Friday 31 May 2002 4:44 am, Tim Hoffman wrote:

> But whilst you might think acquisition looks like inheritance it isn't
> Please don't confuse the two, they really are different, and until
> you think about them differently, I believe you won't necessarily
> grasp the significance of acquisition, or use it properly.

Agreed.

> Any tool/language/approach/methodology can be used incorrectly,

But today implicit acquisition is forced onto almost every zope class, an=
d=20
every attribute lookup. Sometimes the way to use acquisition correctly is=
 not=20
to use it at all, but that is often an impossible option. These=20
characteristics mean implicit acquisition is not a "tool" - its a disease=
=2E

Imagine if you couldnt write a C++ class without including operator=20
overloading functions......