[Zope-dev] Re: bug in mapply.py?

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:54:50 -0600

Tim Hicks wrote:
> Given a call signature like:
>
> def method(self, *args, **kw)
>
> In this way, mapply.py seems to ignore the fact that I want my method to
> accept an arbitrary number of arguments (line 69).

When mapply was written, its only purpose was to map explicit method
parameters to request variables.  There was no concept of RPC of any
kind, so neither '*args' nor '**kwargs' had any kind of sensible
interpretation.

So, yes, mapply does ignore what you want :-)

Unfortunately, given the way that XML-RPC and WebDAV have been piled on
top of the initial implementation, I'm not sure how this could be fixed
properly in Zope 2.x.

Sorry,

Evan @ 4-am