[Zope-dev] Using Zope from a console script

Gilles Lenfant gilles@pilotsystems.net
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:46:03 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leonardo Rochael Almeida" <leo@hiper.com.br>
To: "Gilles Lenfant" <gilles@pilotsystems.net>
Cc: "Zope Developers list" <zope-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 8:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Using Zope from a console script

> On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 17:27, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> > I tried (successfully) to play with Zope objects with console scripts
using
> > the hints in $ZOPEROOT/doc/ZODB.txt
> > Unfortunately, it works only if the Zope server is down.
> > I need to run this script on a running server, and I'd prefer not using
> > xmlrpc stuffs for a better efficiency.
> >
> > Any hint, config, examples ?
>
> You can use the monitor port, see z2.py help and
> http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Misc/DEBUGGING.txt

Leonardo,

Thanks for that fast answer.

But it's buggy for me (Zope 2.5.1/Python 2.1.3/FreeBSD) :

bash-2.05a$ python ZServer/medusa/monitor_client.py localhost 8099
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/regsub.py:15: DeprecationWarning: the regsub module
is deprecated; please use re.sub()
  DeprecationWarning)
Enter Password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ZServer/medusa/monitor_client.py", line 114, in ?
    stdin = stdin_channel (0)
  File "/usr/src/Zope-2.5.1-src/ZServer/medusa/asyncore.py", line 551, in
__init__
    flags = fcntl.fcntl (fd, fcntl.F_GETFL, 0)
AttributeError: 'fcntl' module has no attribute 'F_GETFL'

Do you think I should record this in the collector or did I miss something ?

> You can also use ZEO and do your debugging in a separate Zope (ZEO
> Client) instance.
> http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO

But just want to run a console application, not running it from another Zope
instance.

Cheers

--Gilles