[Zope-dev] Non Bloating Page Counter

Brian R Brinegar brinegar@ecn.purdue.edu
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:55:20 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

We've had requests from several of our users for the ability to have a
drop in page counter within zope. However creating a page counter python
script which increments some value in zope will bloat the ZODB.

Solutions exist where values are stored on the file system or in a
database. Unfortunately our users don't have file system access and it is
unacceptable to expect them to request a database account and setup
database connections and methods just to create a page counter.

I would like to create a Page Counter product that doesn't bloat. If a
product is created that doesn't subclass History or UndoSupport does it
still bloat?

Zope is transactional, but products like ZLDAPConnection have the ability
to be "non-transactional" what does this mean? Could I use this in my
counter?

-Brian