[Zope-dev] Using Zope from a console script

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 22:21:08 +0100

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 10:25:23PM +0100, Gilles Lenfant wrote:

> That's the way I started to do the stuff but this requires too many Zope
> side xmlrpc handlers I should not need if accessing directly to the Zope
> objects.

<shamelessplug mode="again_and_again">

Did you try to manipulate your ZODB with ZShell ?

You can also do it in a limited way through xml-rpc with the help
of Andy McKay's ZShellCLI, but ZShell commands can manipulate
several (**many**) objects at a time, so the slowdown would be
minimal.

depending on what you want to achieve this may be useful.

get it from http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/

upcoming versions of ZShellScripts will provide easier xml-rpc
access to ZShell functionnalities.

</shamelessplug>

hth

Jerome Alet