[Zope-dev] User Module

Wei He hewei@mail.ied.ac.cn
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 23:48:24 +0800 (CST)

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Karthikeyan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am pretty new to zope. I have been asked to implement a project done
> by me in zope. I had user modules, group modules and some content
> management in my project(php).
>
> Now i need to do all in zope, which i not aware of. Please tell me what
> to do and where to start. PLease give me code for user module if
> possible. I should be able to create users and they should login thru
> the login page to enter the site and view the contents. I am running out
> of time to give my first module. Please help me out.

I think many people on this list don't agree with me, but I'll give you
such an advise, according to my experience:

Give up.

I have been an experienced programmer for 10+ years. And 5 months has
passed since I start to learn Zope, I haven't start a single line of
code to migrate my project from PHP to Zope, besides doing some small
projects for testing.

Not because I don't know how to start, it is because Zope isn't such
a tool that you can expect to KNOW about it in a very short time.
To me, it is a complete different concept.

I think I can understand your situation when you even post the message
to the zope-dev list. So my advice is, if there is any alternative
choices, finish the project asap and sit down to learn Zope without any
pressure.

Wei He