[Zope-dev] Re: What catalog/index to use ...

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 17:43:46 +0100

Casey Duncan wrote:
> The main reason I have not merged this already is that I lack a sample to make
> a new test with. If someone can provide me with some content samples that
> break now, but work with the patch, I will make a new test and checkin the
> fix for 2.7 perhaps 2.6.1 if desired.
>
> -Casey

hi Casey,

try some words with "german umlaute". things like:

mülltonne
waschbär
behörde
überflieger

the last one will work without the patch. explanation: the first
character is splitted away [non-ascii-character] [both for storing the
word in the Lexicon and resolving the query-words through the
queryparser]. so it will in both cases end up in

berflieger

searching for 'überflieger' will give you correct results. this is the
reason, why some people think, that ZCTextIndex works with german
'umlaute', but it does not...;-)

hope this is helpful.

cheers, maik