[Zope-dev] DB.close() needs to be called

Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:13:36 +0000

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 4:01 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Maybe normal shutdown should manually call the shutdown signal handler
> function and normal restart should manually call the restart signal
> handler function?

We are pretty close to that now, which I agree is a good thing.

The shutdown signal handler is now a one-liner that calls Lifetime.shutdo=
wn.=20
The ZMI handler is a two-liner that calls the same function, then returns=
=20
some html.

Lifetime.shutdown causes the asyncore select loop to return (possibly aft=
er a=20
brief pause to allow clients to disconnect cleanly), and z2.py closes the=
=20
databases (and hence storages) as its very last action.