[Zope-dev] Contents of Initial Data.fs in Zope Distribution?

Jeff Rush jrush@taupro.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:15:40 -0600

I don't quite understand -- so there *are* root
level elements specific to Zope that need to
be copied into a Zope-over-ZEO environment?
(hm, how do those elements get into a
non-FileStorage Zope-over-ZEO environment?)

And do those elements interfere even a little in
a non-Zope-just-ZEO environment?  The only way I
can imagine, other than simplistic name clashes
would be if a full iteration of such a ZODB would
cause unghosting of objects lacking Zope .pyc
and raise unnecessary exceptions.

I ask because I'm trying to decide whether two
ZEO RPMs are needed re ZEO-wo-Zope-2.0-1.i386.rpm
and ZEO-w-Zope-2.0-1.i386.rpm, or just one.
Somewhat similar to how the Zope RPMs have
separate ZServer and PCGI flavor packages.

-Jeff Rush