[Zope-dev] ZEO: Abundant POSKeyErrors after packing

Jo Meder jo@meder.de
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:37:55 +0100

Our setup is:
Zope 2.6, Python 2.1.3, ZEO from CVS
(http://cvs.zope.org/ZEO/?only_with_tag=ZODB3-3_1-branch)

This morning we encountered a baffling phenomenon. A cron job routinely
packs Data.fs by calling the appropriate URL via wget.

52 minutes after packing was completed we noticed a rapid succession of
POSKeyError messages in our logs. Attached are 2 typical ones. Note that
every traceback from ZODB.FileStorage.modifiedInVersion was directly
follow by a (corresponding?) traceback in ZEO.zrpc.connection.call. Also
every POSKeyError was transient. Enough patience in reloading the
requested page always resulted in a complete rendering.

Stopping Zope and ZEO processes and restarting them "solved" the problem
completely.

Any guesses? Perhaps a ZEO-version more appropriate for Zope 2.6?

--------------------------------------
2002-11-28T08:40:40 INFO(0) zrpc:23837 zeoLoad() raised exception: 0000000000028438
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module ZEO.zrpc.connection, line 226, in handle_request
  Module ZEO.StorageServer, line 308, in zeoLoad
  Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 663, in modifiedInVersion
  POSKeyError: 0000000000028438
2002-11-28T08:40:40 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0
0\x02\x848'
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module ZODB.Connection, line 507, in setstate
  Module ZEO.ClientStorage, line 516, in load
  Module ZEO.ServerStub, line 73, in zeoLoad
  Module ZEO.zrpc.connection, line 322, in call

--
Internetmanufaktur Jo Meder ---------------------- Berlin, Germany
http://www.meder.de/ ------------------- fon: ++49-30-417 17 63 33