[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6.0 ZMI Problem for CJK(Collector 623) patch.

Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:25:26 +0000

On Thursday 28 November 2002 12:47 am, Hajime Nakagami wrote:
> Hi !
>  Zope 2.6.0 have a problem for non 'iso-8859-1' user.
> And Collector 623 is still incollect now.
> http://collector.zope.org/Zope/623
>
> It's serious problem for CJK(I'm Japanese).
> So I make patch for 2.6.0.
>
> http://www005.upp.so-net.ne.jp/zope260-i18n-20021123.diff

Feel free to do that if it works for you, but a patch for this approach w=
ill=20
not be accepted into the standard Zope.  See this bug report for an=20
explanation of why this contradict's Zope's current unicode approach:

http://collector.zope.org/Zope/633

As for the limited form of  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/623 relating t=
o the=20
'title' property.....
The right approach is to make it possible to change the title property to=
 a=20
unicode string. All my custom products have this already, but it is a=20
deficiency in the standard Zope types such as 'Folder' that their titles =
type=20
can not be changed.

Patches to do this gratefully accepted. Please copy me directly if you ad=
d one=20
to the collector.