[Zope-dev] Zopezen.org is slower! Should time be spent on Plone or ZPT speed?

James Johnson tacomabbs@hotmail.com
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 02:11:25 +0000

Hi Ropas-Zopas,
Just my 2 cents. I like plone and everything, but should'nt even the plone
developers be working on improving and making ZPT faster?  Seems to me in
their rush to make this Plone product, they say they will make it compatible
and faster, but I'm appalled,  Yes I said it :-) Appalled at the way things
are moving ahead with plone when ZPT is still in its infant stage.

  To sum it up Plone/CMF has got me hesitant on building with Zope because
of the speed issues with ZPT.  Sure I can use DTML, but every new cool thing
seems to be based on ZPT.  And with Zope3 on slated for eventual release, I
feel for the community because of the other product diverions ZC can't even
speculate a release date for it.
   Please understand that I'm not trying to "complain" in so much as I'm
trying get and keep the community on a team/group track.
  I think if we watch what happens with Andy McKay and his efforts with
Plone, we may learn a lot.  Thanks for your time reading this.

Peace,
-- James
I am a Washington State Citizen.
Spamming this Email Address may be against Washington State Law
Chapter 19.86, and 19.190 RCW. http://www.wa.gov/ago/junkemail/protect.html