[Zope-dev] ZEO cache instrumentation -- any takers?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 08:21:10 -0400

> What would be nice is a way to define in Python a kind of exception
> that is not caught by bare "except:" statements but only by "except
> SpecificClass:" statements.  Not quite an uncatchable exception, but
> one that is caught only by except statements that name it.

I'm skeptical about this one.  Can you explain the use case?

You can probably fake this to a large extent by using "except
Exception:" instead of "except:" everywhere; then you can raise an
exception that does not inherit from Exception.