[Zope-dev] ZEO cache instrumentation -- any takers?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:50:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> I think it's because its syntax is out of order. :-)  Whenever I'm about
> to write a "try...except...else" block, I really want to spell it
> "try...else...except".  This places the exceptional situation after the
> common situation, where it should be.  Unfortunately the word "else" has
> too narrow a meaning to allow this, so I wouldn't recommend it actually
> be done. :-)

I think you are right.  I always have to look up 'else' to make
sure I'm using it right, because it isn't completely intuitive.  I
can never remember if 'else' means "if we had an exception, do this"
(try...else) or "if we didn't have an exception, do this"
(except...else).  Actually, having written that out I'll probably
remember it now <grin>.

How about "try...then...except"?

--RDM