[Zope-dev] Why does Zope move the Error Type and Value and replace with (see above)

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
08 Oct 2002 12:35:39 -0300

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 11:53, Chris Withers wrote:
> Mark Poole wrote:
> >     (Object: standard_html_header)
> > KeyError: (see above)
>
> A frequent complaint is that people don't include the error type and value when
> reporting errors from Zope, they just include the traceback.
>
> Now, normal python tracebacks include both the error type and error value. Why
> does Zope make this not happen?

This code, which is inaccessible for TTW scripts but interferes with TTW
rendering nonetheless, is in lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py in 2
places around line 620. It blindly assumes the exception has already
been mentioned in the template and replaces the exception in the
traceback formatting routine with '(see above)'. It also bothers me no
end, but I believe (but haven't checked) that's all changed in Zope 2.6
with the new exception logging system.

	Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.