[Zope-dev] Can't edit CMF/Plone content if the creator is deleted

Adrian Hungate adrian@haqa.co.uk
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:57:09 +0100

I don't know if this is a Zope, CMF, Plone or DCWorkflow issue, but I just
got bitten by what appears to be a bug in someone's security handling.

If you create some content as user A, then delete user A, no one can edit
the content, or change it's ownership.

I created a site as "manager" and created a bunch of content. Then I created
the users that would actually be maintaining the content and deleted
"manager" (It's far too easy to guess at). Suddenly, all updates started
failing, and continued failing, untill I re-created the "manager" user.

I have set the domain to 127.0.0.1 so the user can not log in, but I would
really like to know if this is and intended security feature or a bug.

Any input would be appreciated.

Adrian...