[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] DateTime screwup on 2.6 branch and HEAD

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:20:19 +0200

From: "Toby Dickenson" <tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com>
> We need to think about a serious overhaul of the release procedure before
next
> time round....

One big problem here is that the beta2 was released "in the middle of a fix"
so to speak. I had fixed the MailHost date bug making MailHost use
DateTime.rfc822(). Then beta2 was released, and somebody pointed out that
there was a bug in rfc822(). That bug was fixed just before the final came
out, and since I had fixed "half" of #411, I thought I should fix all of it.

Had I known beta 2 was to be released just the day after I fixed MailHost, I
would probably have let the 2_6-branch be, since the bugs weren't serious,
just to make sure serious bugs wouldn't be introduced by mistake. I surely
would not have added it if I had released that 2.6.0 was just days away.

So next time I would like a warning before beta2 is released, and I also
think that the test period for beta2 should be a bit longer than three days.
I don't think many bugs will be found in that short period.

Just my 2 cents.

Best Regards

Lennart Regebro, Torped
http://www.easypublisher.com/