[Zope-dev] plone.org - chrism_installer_branch

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:05:28 -0400

alan runyan wrote:

>Hi.
>
>just wanted to drop you guys a line and say that
>chrism_installer_branch will save the world.
>But I have some questions:
>
>Chris said its based on HEAD.  Whats the
>difference between HEAD and Zope-2_6-branch?
>I probably shouldnt be running HEAD in production?
>I am having severe leakage here are some refoucnts:
>
>DateTime - 62263
>IOBucket - 32641
>PloneFolder - 22766
>User - 22196
>PersistentMapping - 12846
>CMFDefault.Document.Document - 12820
>
>I have have the python security machinery turned on.
>
>should I move to Zope2.6 branch instead of trying to
>fight? what would I look at next?
>
>~runyaga

Zope-2_6-branch broke off from the head about 10 days ago; so that the
head is now somewhat 'undefined.'  While fixes will be applied to both
2.6 and the head, 2.6 is the point where stability will be focused on.

What it looks like to me btw is that your Documents are holding on to
the root of the ZODB perhaps -- do you do anything that would cause that
to be stored?