[Zope-dev] how to change to another authenticated user programmatically?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:27:58 +0100

Craeg K Strong wrote:

> I am working on an application where users register themselves.  That is,
> there will be a registrar username and password that is sent out to all
> prospective users via email.
>
> The only thing the registrar can do is add a user.

Not sure why you can't just mail out actual user details if the first and only
thing a registrar does is register themselves...

> The most convenient thing would be for the user to log in as the registrar,
> add himself as a user, and then the application woud immediately
> recognize him
> as *the new user* from then on, without the user having to exit the
> browser,
> restart it, and login as the new user.

...but take a look at the CMF, which might have some functions ot help you here.
That said both Andreas and Lennart's suggestions are sound :-)

cheers,

Chris