[Zope-dev] Unicode Diffs

Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:05:53 +0100

On Wednesday 25 Sep 2002 6:24 pm, Andreas Jung wrote:
> How do your patches compare to the unicode extensions
> made by Toby Dickenson for Zope 2.6?

They are built on top of my changes.

> > I did not test this very throughly, but it seems not
> > broken any thing yet.

I dont have time to explain your bugs right now, but this patch is horrib=
ly=20
broken. I suggest kent sin re-reads the updated docs on Unicode/dtml=20
integration. I think Chris M was integrating them with the main=20
documentation, but the original documatation about the changes is still a=
t:
http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/howto/unicode
http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/howto/unicode-zdg-changes

Hint: you should use Unicode string objects inside your published method.=
 Dont=20
work in plain strings and rely on a meta header to tell browsers about th=
e=20
character encoding. Also, think about what character encoding the browser=
=20
will use for form submissions, and how zope is supposed to know about it.