[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-DB] HEEELP! my zope has become virtually unusable

Tena Sakai tena.sakai.b@bayer.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:25:59 -0800

Hi Charlie,

      > http://www.zope.org/Members/glpb/solaris/report_ps
There is a thing or two I can try out of this report.  Thanks.

      > Which relational DB is being used here?
      > It looks very much like ZODB, isn't
      > there a list for that?
We use Oracle.
I wonder if a race condition occurs as it tries
to open a few database connections at the outset.
No, that can't be!  No zope html connection is
established yet.

Regards,

Tena Sakai

                      Charlie Clark
                      <charlie@begeiste        To:       Tena Sakai <tena.sakai.b@bayer.com>
                      rt.org>                  cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [Zope-DB] HEEELP!  my zope has become virtually unusable
                      04/02/2003 02:06
                      PM

On 2003-04-02 at 23:58:58 [+0200], you wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion, Charlie.
>
> Are you suggesting that this is caused by some kind of race condition?
> It's hard for me to believe that such condition occurs as soon as the
> first user (me) hits return on the authentication/login panel.
>
> I would like to get someone's reponse on what I mentioned in the original
> mail.  Ie., do you or do you not think the numbers I mention are
> relevant?  Ie.,
>       Total number of objects in the database: 10561
>       Total number of objects in all caches: 2294
>       Target size: 400
>       Target max time between accesses: 60
> Is it true that bottom 2 numbers should be somewhat balanced against top
> two numbers?  And what is the ideal balance?

Check out the following, it may be relevant
http://www.zope.org/Members/glpb/solaris/report_ps

I don't have *any* Solaris experience so I can't help very much