[Zope-dev] Re: [ZCM] [ZC] 869/ 5 Comment "Broken transaction handling in case of exceptions"

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
07 Apr 2003 23:09:17 +0200

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 19:54, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> > > Are there any examples in stock Zope 2? I would consider this a bug.
>
> Thanks for the pointers.

That was just the result of a quick grep, I'm sure I've missed some.

> [...]
> > CMFCore.MemberDataTool does a cache of persistent MemberData objects in
> > _v_temps.
>
> I dont have a CMF handy - I may check this tomorrow.

Ok, from your exlanations, MemberDataTool should be now safe -- I
patched it a few weeks ago to clear the cache at the end of the
transaction using REQUEST._hold.

> > Is all this wrong ?
>
> ?

I meant, is all the above code using ad-hoc caches buggy in one way or
another?

Florent