[Zope-dev] Re: [ZCM] [ZC] 869/ 5 Comment "Broken transaction handling in case of exceptions"

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:21:31 +0200

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2003 10:09 pm, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>

>>Ok, from your exlanations, MemberDataTool should be now safe -- I
>>patched it a few weeks ago to clear the cache at the end of the
>>transaction using REQUEST._hold.
>

> BTW, I use the attatched class to delete an attribute from an object at the
> end of a transaction. This is a little safer than REQUEST._hold in cases
> where request boundares are not aligned with transactions. Should this go in
> ZODB somewhere?

I'd like to see attributes that get cleared at transaction boundaries
made a first-class feature of the ZODB.

This might be implemented for attributes starting with _x_ where x is
the letter of your choice, following a similar pattern to _v_ and _p_
attributes.

For ZODB4, this could be implemented as a descriptor that ensures its
value is cleared at transaction boundaries.

--
Steve Alexander