[Zope-dev] Crazy idea: ZClasses

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:46:48 -0300

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:27:06PM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
| It's Friday, so I reserve the right to post crazy ideas. :-)
|
| Ape could revitalize ZClasses.  The biggest problem with ZClasses has
| always been the inability to use version control and other utilities to
| maintain ZClass code.  Ape could fix that by giving developers the
| option of storing ZClass code on the filesystem.  It doesn't allow it
| now, but it could without huge effort.
|
| I thought of this a couple of weeks ago.  I pushed it out of my mind
| because Zope 3 will eliminate the need for ZClasses, but the idea kept
| coming back.  So if anyone wants to take this on, I'll provide
| direction, but I don't plan to do it all myself.

There is an ongoing discussion over the last months about doing TTW
Archetypes, which would be very similar to ZClasses, but way more
powerful and customizable. Maybe its an option to consider.

fainted-at-looking-at-how-zclasses-are-stored-and-loaded'ly yours,

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

Beware of the Turing Tar-pit in which everything is possible but nothing of
interest is easy.