[Zope-dev] Streaming Response

Johan Carlsson [EasyPublisher] johanc@easypublisher.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:39:31 +0000

At 15:26 2003-04-16 +0100, Toby Dickenson said:
>On Wednesday 16 April 2003 3:13 pm, Casey Duncan wrote:
>
> > The file is divided into 64K chunks, each of which is pickled. Each chunk
> > is unpickled separately and then discarded.
>
>If I remember correctly, chunks are not explicitly discarded. They will
>certainly stay in memory until the end of the transaction, then the garbage
>collector will drop the least recently used objects. A 200MB file will
>certainly cause a 200MB memory surge when downloaded.

Is there anyway to flush them individually?
For instance after they have been written to the response.

That would make it possible to have a choice if large object should be
cache in memory or not.

200MB file object tend to bloat the Data.fs as well, but that is another
problem.

Regards,
Johan Carlsson

--